Printable Version Back to the list
Enerkem - PARTENAIRE DE PRESTIGE
- Organization Address
- 1130, Sherbrooke Ouest Suite #600
Montréal (Quebec) Canada H3A 2M8
- Phone number
- 514 875-0284
- Primary sector
- Green Chemistry
- Secondary sector
- Renewable Energy
- Year's creation
- Geneviève Brisson
- Twitter Pitch
- Enerkem transforms garbage into the building blocks for transportation biofuels, industrial chemicals and everyday products.
- Enerkem develops renewable biofuels and chemicals from waste.
- Through the combination of a proprietary thermochemical technology platform and community-based advanced facilities, Enerkem addresses the challenges of oil dependence and waste disposal.
- Enerkem' project partners incluse municipalities (City of Edmonton, Three Rivers, Varennes) and other ethanol companies (G
- Value proposition
- Enerkem's facilities using Enerkem's proprietary technology can produce cellulosic ethanol from non-recyclable waste from institutional, commercial and industrial sectors as well as construction and demolition debris.
- Enerkem is a private company founded in 2000 by its current senior management. It is majority-owned by institutional, clean-technology and industrial investors, Rho Ventures, Waste Management, Braemar Energy Ventures, Investissement Québec, Valero, Cycle Capital, The Westly Group, Fonds de solidarité FTQ et Fondaction CSN.