Energy startups: pitch to future international partners!
Techstars Energy is looking for innovative startups in the energy sector, who could be part of the 2020 cohort of its accelerator! On February 3, Écotech Québec and Global Affairs Canada invite the ecosystem to a morning information session on the Techstars Energy Accelerator program, followed by a pitch session for businesses in the afternoon! Have you always dreamed of propelling your business internationally? Do not miss this opportunity!
What is the Techstar Energy Accelerator program?
Techstars Energy Accelerator, in partnership with Equinor (a major Norwegian investor), is a mentoring-focused acceleration program, an intensive 13-week program dedicated to startups working on innovative solutions in renewable energy, oil and gas, new business models and digitalization. Each September, 10 startups have the opportunity to go to Oslo, Norway, to start the program! Click here for an overview of the 2019 cohort participants.
- Month 1 focuses on meeting up to 100 mentors - highly experienced & relevant people
- Month 2 focuses on iterating & executing on the commercial relationships available
- Month 3 is similar to Month 2, while preparing companies to best tell their story, come demonstration day
- Demonstration day (companies demonstrate their progress to investors)
*The calendar is also then peppered with high quality content and engagements for the founders
- The program runs from September 7 to December 3, 2020 (13 weeks)
- The program takes place in Oslo, Norway
- Companies accepted into the program get a stipend of $20,000US.
- Cost for companies = 6% equity, common stock - taken by Techstars
- Separately the companies have the option to take a convertible note of $100,000
Interested? Pitch your innovation on February 3 and take this opportunity to be selected for the 2020 cohort!
February 3 will begin with an information session and overview on the accelerator, followed by a networking session where attendees can chat with Techstars Energy, Equinor and their partners. In the afternoon, startups will have the opportunity to present their innovation in person to these same representatives. Companies will then have to demonstrate the strong potential of their business model, the first step in the process of being selected in the accelerator program.
- Information session: February 3 from 8:30 to 12:00 (ENGLISH ONLY)
- Pitch sessions: February 3 from 1:00 to 5:00 (PITCH IN ENGLISH ONLY)
8:30-9:00 Registration and pre-event networking
9:00-9:15 Opening remarks
- Denis Leclerc, President & CEO, Écotech Québec
- John Winterbourne, Trade Commissioner, Global Affairs Canada
9:15-10:30 Overview of Techstars Energy Accelerator and Equinor
- Audun Abelsnes, Managing Director, Techstars Energy Accelerator
- Philip Hansteen, Principal Negociator, Equinor
10:30-10:45 Networking break
10:45-12:00 Open Q&A session and networking with representatives from Global Affairs Canada, Techstars Energy, Equinor and Capgemini
13:00-17:00 Pitch session to Techstars and Equinor (10 minutes each)
Where: Maison du développement durable, Montréal (the 2 parts of the activity will take place in the same building)
Date: February 3rd 2020, from 8:30 to 5:00