Webinar - Discover opportunities in South Africa!
On October 1st, log on to the webinar to learn more about the Western Cape, where Cape Town is located, which offers a number of business opportunities for your clean technologies. Personalized meetings are also available for you to book with our guest Jarrod Lyons, Green Economy Invest and Finance Liaison for GreenCape and Wesgro. Sign up!
Western Cape: What are the opportunities for clean technologies?
The energy produced in South Africa is mainly coal, because of the abundance of this material that the country offers. Coal-fired power accounts for more than 90% of total expenditures. This is why the big companies producing and distributing energy are fond of innovations!
This webinar, led by Jarrod Lyons, Head of Green Investments and Financial Liaisons for GreenCape and Wesgro, will provide an overview:
- Key services offered by GreenCape and Wesgro to help you get onsite
- Opportunities offered to manufacturers wishing to settle in the Atlantis Greentech SEZ
- From various sectors that offer strong business potential for Quebec cleantech companies, including:
- Agriculture - Precision Agriculture • Use of Renewable Energy • Conservation Agriculture
- Renewable Energy - The country has set an ambitious goal of 40% renewable and clean energy by 2030 • Cost-effective solar power generation ($ 0.04 / KWh) and wind power ($ 0.05 / KWh) • Manufacturing opportunities
- Waste Management - Organic • Electronics • Plastic • Construction Residues
- Water Management - Industrial and Commercial • Residential • New Real Estate Development • Municipal
- Electric Vehicles - Automotive and Bus Manufacturing • Lithium Ion Battery Manufacturing
- Energy Services - Commercial Systems • PV System Standardization • Building Modernization
* View all 2019 market intelligence reports here.
At the end of the webinar, representatives from Export Development Canada (EDC), the Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) and the Canadian Commercial Corporation (CCC) will present their services and how they can support your efforts in South Africa (to be confirmed)
Curated meetings with GreenCape and Wesgro
Enjoy curated meetings with Jarrod on October 1st in the afternoon to discuss your projects and the potential opportunities this area offers.
To book a time slot, click here.
Useful tools to do business in South Africa
- The ICN Passport: Thanks to the partnership between Écotech Québec and International Cleantech Network (ICN), Quebec clean technology companies can benefit from an office when traveling in the target market, with the assistance of a local team specialized in clean technologies ready to answer your questions (opportunities on the spot, potential partners, assistance in your efforts) in the targeted market; business intelligence reports on clean technologies in the given market; attractive discounts at certain events and conferences in the targeted market.
- Synthesis on South Africa, carried out by MEI (FR only)
- GreenCape provides a support service, funded by the World Bank Group’s Climate Technology Program, for foreign companies seeking partners in South Africa.
- Canada's Trade Commissioner on site: Trindard Makunike, SDC
WEBINAR DATE/ TIME
October 1st 2019
Registration is mandatory- see form below
The access numbers and the presentation will be provided to you a few days prior to the event.
1:1 MEETING DATE/TIME
1:1 MEETING LOGISTICS
Choose time slot, here
Call 514 905-4826 at selected time (ET)