Rendez-Vous Québec+Minnesota at Americana
Come explore new market opportunities, identify trade and regulatory barriers, and meet with experts who will offer their advice. It will be the perfect occasion to gain market intelligence and create links with partners, which can help you start or accelerate your development in this region of the world.
Wednesday March 2019 from 2pm to 4pm
Palais des congrès de Montréal
WHY YOUR CLEAN TECHNOLOGY COMPANY SHOULD CONSIDER MINNESOTA?
- Minnesota Governor Tim Walz has announced a set of public policies aimed at decarbonising energy by 2050, with a focus on creating a stable electricity grid that integrates a renewable energy mix (more info);
- Xcel Energy, Minnesota's lead energy provider, is committed to achieving the goal of reducing carbon emissions by 80% by 2030 and by 100% by 2050;
- 3M, Minnesota’s leading global company, has clear goals in green innovation: to develop more sustainable materials, zero waste, traceability of materials, reduce water consumption, increase energy efficiency by 30% , ensure that 25% of the electricity used is renewable, reduce GHG emissions by at least 50% compared to 2002, etc.(more info)
At the RENDEZ-VOUS QUÉBEC + MINNESOTA...
- Get strategic information on the Minnesota market: major projects, public policies and potential cleantech users through the presentation of Robert Thomas, US Consul General in Montreal and representatives of the Minnesota Trade Office, present at this event.
- Attend the presentation of a Destination Medical Center (DMC) representative, a potential customer for you! DMC is a $ 6 billion project reinventing the city of Rochester, Minnesota. DMC is positioned as a leader in the sustainable urban environment. The DMC development plan includes the following objectives:
- implement sustainable urban design and construction practicess,
- build on stormwater management systems,
- investir dans des moyens de transport durable.
- Create relationships with facilitating partners: Export Québec and the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service will unveil their secrets to enter Minnesota's market.
- Robert W. Thomas, US Consul General in Montreal, US Consul in Canada
- Denis Leclerc, President et CEO, Écotech Québec
Business opportunities in Minnesota
Presentation of the opportunities in Minnesota, focus on clean technology application markets
- Laurence Reszetar, Director of Foreign Direct Investment, Minnesota Trade Office
- Patrick Seeb, Director, Economic Development and Placemaking, Destination Medical Center (DMC)
Secrets to penetrate Minnesota’s market
Panel of experts: international strategy
- Lydia Halley Soucy, International Trade Advisor and Midwestern U.S. Desk Officer, Export Québec
- Emilie Roy, Trade Commissioner, Clean Technologies, Canadian Trade Commissioner Office
- Anne Rouleau, Trade Commissioner, Clean Technologies, Canadian Trade Commissioner Office
Networking with partners and enablers
1001 Place Jean-Paul-Riopelle
Montréal, QC H2Z 1H5
AMERICANA Exhibition Hall - BUSINESS HUB
Wedneday March 27th 2019 from 2pm to 4pm
Free activity, registration required
REGISTRATION and RECOVERY OF BADGE
Case # 1: You do not have a badge yet to enter the Americana Showroom.
Sign up on this page below, and we will create a badge for you to enter the Trade Fair for free thanks to our partnership with Réseau Environnnement! All you have to do is pick it up at the reception on the site.
Case # 2: You already have your badge.
Use your badge to enter the Exhibition Hall and find us in the Business Square.